Treat yourself to this bite-size dessert featuring coffee-flavored chocolate cheesecake in a mini phyllo shell. Easy pick-up desserts like this one are perfect for entertaining, so you may want to double the recipe. You can make them ahead and chill them overnight.
Southern Living MARCH 2008
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place almonds in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake at 350°, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
2. Place thawed pastry shells on a baking sheet, and bake at 350° for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp.
3. Stir together 1 Tbsp. cream and 1/2 tsp. espresso powder in a small microwave-safe ramekin or cup. Microwave at HIGH 10 seconds; stir until espresso is dissolved.
4. Beat cream cheese and sugars at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add espresso mixture, and beat 30 seconds or until creamy and light. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoonful into each phyllo shell.
5. Microwave chocolate and remaining 1 Tbsp. cream in a small microwave-safe ramekin or cup at HIGH 20 seconds, stirring after 10 seconds and at end until smooth. Spoon 1/4 tsp. chocolate mixture over each tart. Top immediately with almonds. Cover and chill 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
If you plan to make these ahead, save the plastic tart shell packaging to store the prepared tartlets in.
Go to Full Version of