I haven't made this recipe yet but I am responding to the first person who had a bad time with it. There is too much liquid. I would leave out the half cup of whipped cream and only add some in my the tablespoon if the icing was too stiff. I'm going to try it out. Hope this helps.
Chocolate-Coffee Buttercream Filling
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons coffee liqueur*
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Microwave whipping cream at MEDIUM (50% power) until warm (do not boil). Stir together warm cream and coffee granules until dissolved; cool. Add whipping cream mixture and liqueur to butter mixture, beating until smooth.
- *Note: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract may be substituted for liqueur.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts