Nothing could be better than a chocolate cupcake topped with marshmallow frosting, except maybe one topped with marshmallow frosting AND ganache. If you want to pin this, we suggest swirling the ganache to look like spooky spiderwebs.
More From Coastal Living
Bake: 18 Minutes
Cool: 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract or vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk or refrigerated whole milk
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- Coconut-Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 recipe Chocolate Ganache
- Garnish: whole or slivered almonds
- 1. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in coconut extract.
- 2. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with coconut milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Add 1 cup coconut, blending well.
- 3. Spoon batter into 18 muffin cups lined with muffin cup liners. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.
- 4. Top cupcakes with Coconut-Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting. Top with remaining 2 cups coconut; drizzle with Chocolate Ganache. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note