Yield: 1 dozen (serving size: 1 cupcake)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 164
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 29.6g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 199mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1/2 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place 12 paper muffin cup liners in muffin cups. Set aside.
- Combine cocoa and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Add boiling water, stirring until cocoa dissolves. Set aside.
- Combine yogurt and baking soda; stir.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons margarine, and yolk. Beat at high speed of a mixer 1 minute. Add cocoa mixture, yogurt mixture, flour, coconut, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and almond extract; mix well.
- Beat salt and egg white at high speed of a mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter; divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons water, 1 teaspoon margarine, and chocolate in a small saucepan. Place over medium-low heat until chocolate melts. Remove from heat; stir in powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Spread 2 teaspoons glaze over each warm cupcake. Let cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate-Coconut Cupcakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Snacks, Cakes/Frostings, Cupcakes
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Chocolate
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Cholesterol
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Christmas, Easter, Valentine's Day, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light