Loved these! Super easy and quick, tho I think I might bake them a little bit less or at lower temp. My oven is new though, so I may just not have figured it out. Even the slightest bit browned on the bottom tasted like they were burned, so perhaps just shortening the time would help. I'd definitely make them again, great for a Xmas cookie exchange.
Chocolate, Coconut, and Almond Snowdrops
Meringues are simple cookies to make, and the flavor varieties are numerous. This version has candy bar flavors--a crunchy combination of coconut, almonds, and chocolate. The recipe can be cut in half if you want a smaller yield. You can store the baked meringues in airtight containers at room temperature for up to one week.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 57
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 9.3g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 24mg
- Calcium: 4mg
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut, toasted
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate minichips
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Place first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form (do not underbeat). Gently fold in coconut, almonds, and minichips.
- Drop batter by slightly rounded tablespoons 1/2 inch apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Place 1 pan on bottom oven rack and 1 pan on middle rack. Bake at 275° for 30 minutes. Rotate pans; bake an additional 30 minutes or until cookies are dry. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate, Coconut, and Almond Snowdrops Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cookies
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Gifts, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic
- CUISINE: French
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Eggs
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Calorie, Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Low Saturated Fat
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter, Christmas, Easter
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light
More Recipes for Desserts