This is my favorite sheet cake recipe. But, and some of y'all might think I'm crazy, I have to double the icing recipe when I make it. I like to slather icing on, and when you use the recipe as written, it proves to be more of a glaze than a gooey frosting. That's my only change - delicious cake!
Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake
Howard L. Puckett
- 1 cup butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup cola soft drink
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Chocolate Coca-Cola Icing
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until butter melts. Remove from heat.
- Combine flour, sugar, and baking soda in a large bowl; stir in butter mixture. Add eggs, and stir until blended. Stir in buttermilk, vanilla, and marshmallows.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking pan. Bake at 350º for 25 to 30 minutes or until a pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; spread Chocolate Coca-Cola Icing over warm cake.
Prepare the icing during the last 10 minutes of baking so it is ready to spoon onto the warm cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note