I thought this was just meh...moist (when warm at least) but not very chocolatey. I used milled soft white wheat flour, so this may have affected the texture; but I've learned how to achieve good results with this. I prefer layer cakes (which would NOT work with this recipe) anyway so I doubt I'll make this again. It's a creative use of flat soda but otherwise unremarkable.
Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake
Howard L. Puckett
- 1 cup butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup cola soft drink
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Chocolate Coca-Cola Icing
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until butter melts. Remove from heat.
- Combine flour, sugar, and baking soda in a large bowl; stir in butter mixture. Add eggs, and stir until blended. Stir in buttermilk, vanilla, and marshmallows.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking pan. Bake at 350º for 25 to 30 minutes or until a pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; spread Chocolate Coca-Cola Icing over warm cake.
Prepare the icing during the last 10 minutes of baking so it is ready to spoon onto the warm cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings