Chocolate-Cinnamon Bread Pudding With Raspberry Sauce
Prep: 30 minutes; Cook: 50 minutes
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1/8 of bread pudding and 2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 301
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 308mg
- Calcium: 131mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 6 cups (1/2-inch) cubed multigrain bread
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- Fresh raspberries and/or mint sprigs (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl; stir well. Add eggs, egg whites, vanilla, and salt; stir well. Gradually stir in milk. Add the bread cubes and chocolate; stir well and let stand 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to baking dish.
- 3. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until puffed and set in center. Let stand at least 10 minutes.
- 4. While pudding bakes, puree thawed raspberries with their syrup in a food processor. Transfer mixture to a strainer placed over a bowl. Press on solids with a wooden spoon; discard seeds. Reserve sauce. Spoon 1/8 of pudding into dessert bowls or glasses. Serve with raspberry sauce. Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate-Cinnamon Bread Pudding With Raspberry Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts