Chocolate-Cinnamon Bread Pudding With Raspberry Sauce
This low-fat bread pudding is made with multigrain bread and gets great flavor from chocolate chips, cinnamon and a sweet raspberry sauce topping.
More From Health
- Calories: 301
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 308mg
- Calcium: 131mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 6 cups (1/2-inch) cubed multigrain bread
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- Fresh raspberries and/or mint sprigs (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl; stir well. Add eggs, egg whites, vanilla, and salt; stir well. Gradually stir in milk. Add the bread cubes and chocolate; stir well and let stand 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to baking dish.
- 3. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until puffed and set in center. Let stand at least 10 minutes.
- 4. While pudding bakes, puree thawed raspberries with their syrup in a food processor. Transfer mixture to a strainer placed over a bowl. Press on solids with a wooden spoon; discard seeds. Reserve sauce. Spoon 1/8 of pudding into dessert bowls or glasses. Serve with raspberry sauce. Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note