Chocolate-Chunk Toffee Cookies
Bake these loaded treats 10 minutes for softer cookies or 12 to 13 minutes for a slightly crisp version. --From the kitchen of Kate Karam, senior garden editor.
Prep: 20 minutes; Bake: 10 minutes.
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries or other tart dried fruit, such as blueberries or cherries
- 4 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup toffee pieces, or chopped toffee candy bars
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2. Cream butter and both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl once or twice. Add egg, and mix at high speed to combine. Add vanilla, and mix well, scraping down sides of bowl.
- 3. Sift together flour and baking soda in a bowl, and add a little at a time to butter mixture, mixing on low speed until well combined. Mix in remaining ingredients until combined.
- 4. Spoon heaping tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake cookies at 350° about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on pan 2 minutes, transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 2 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note