- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries or other tart dried fruit, such as blueberries or cherries
- 4 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup toffee pieces, or chopped toffee candy bars
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Cream butter and both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl once or twice. Add egg, and mix at high speed to combine. Add vanilla, and mix well, scraping down sides of bowl.
Sift together flour and baking soda in a bowl, and add a little at a time to butter mixture, mixing on low speed until well combined. Mix in remaining ingredients until combined.
Spoon heaping tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake cookies at 350° about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on pan 2 minutes, transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 2 days.