Hint: The Mocha Frosting recipe is highlighted in red under the ingredients listing. Just click on it and the frosting recipe will open. A chocolate coffee bean placed in the middle of the cookie might be a nice decorative touch.
Chocolate Chunk-Mocha Cookies
More From Southern Living
Bake: 12 Minutes
Cool: 32 Minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (11.5-oz.) package semisweet chocolate chunks
- Mocha Frosting
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- 1. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a bowl.
- 2. Beat butter and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- 3. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffy. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes; remove to wire racks, and let cool 30 minutes or until completely cool. Spread cookies with Mocha Frosting. Dust evenly with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Note: Dough may be frozen up to 1 month or refrigerated up to 2 days. Let stand at room temperature before baking as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This