Loved this! A perfect recipe for two. I used nonfat evaporated milk (with a little water added) and 1T regular sugar & 1T no calorie sweetener. I think I'll use all sweetener next time because the chocolate added a lot of sweetness. Id id end up only putting chocolate (not quite all of it) in the center, none on top.
Chocolate Chunk Bread Puddings
Try not to chop the chocolate too finely for this bread pudding recipe so you'll have good-sized chunks to bite into. Hawaiian sweet bread is a soft, sweet bread found in the bakery section of most grocery stores. Leftovers are good for ham and Swiss sandwiches.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 319
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 9.8g
- Carbohydrate: 45.3g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 121mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 141mg
- Calcium: 125mg
- 1 3/4 cups (1/2-inch) cubed Hawaiian sweet bread
- 2/3 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon Kahlúa (coffee-flavored liqueur)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until toasted. Remove bread from oven; decrease oven temperature to 325°.
- Combine milk and next 5 ingredients (milk through egg) in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add bread, tossing gently to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Divide half of bread mixture evenly between 2 (6-ounce) ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with half of chocolate. Divide remaining bread mixture between ramekins; top with remaining chocolate.
- Place ramekins in an 8-inch square baking pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch. Bake at 325° for 35 minutes or until set. Serve each pudding warm with 1 tablespoon whipped topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note