Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding with White Chocolate Brandy Sauce
Chunks of half-melted chocolate appear in every bite of this sinfully good bread pudding. It gets even better--you serve it in a pool of brandy sauce.
Yield: 9 servings
- 1 (1-pound) loaf day-old French bread
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 (4-ounce) bittersweet chocolate bars, chopped (we tested with Ghirardelli)
- White Chocolate Brandy Sauce
- Tear bread into small pieces; place in a large bowl. Add milk and half-and-half; let mixture stand 10 minutes.
- Combine eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt; add to bread, stirring well. Stir in chopped chocolate. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13" x 9" pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 55 minutes or until firm and lightly browned. Cut into squares, and serve warm with White Chocolate Brandy Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This