I have been making these cookies since they were first published back in 2001. They never fail to impress and satisfy. They keep well for over a week and I've even shipped them to my brother stationed in Iraq. He said they were still fantastic 3 weeks after I baked them.
How can you go wrong with this much chocolate packed into one recipe? And chances are you already have most of the ingredients on hand.
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen
- 6 (1-ounce) semisweet chocolate squares, chopped
- 2 (1-ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; cook, stirring often, over low heat until chocolate melts. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Beat eggs and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add chocolate mixture, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to chocolate mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in chocolate morsels, pecans, and walnuts.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 12 to 15 minutes or until done. Cool cookies on baking sheet 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies