- 6 (1-ounce) semisweet chocolate squares, chopped
- 2 (1-ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; cook, stirring often, over low heat until chocolate melts. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
Beat eggs and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add chocolate mixture, beating well.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to chocolate mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in chocolate morsels, pecans, and walnuts.
Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
Bake at 325° for 12 to 15 minutes or until done. Cool cookies on baking sheet 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool.