Also lightened a touch with 1/4 cup each butter/applesauce and used light sour cream. I didn't do frosting as it seemed it would be quite rich as-is. If made again, I'd cut down on the chocolate chips to maybe 3/4 or 1 cup. A very dense, rich, moist brownie cupcake.
Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes With White Frosting
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
Cool: 35 Minutes
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate morsels
- White Frosting
- 1. Sift together cocoa and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside.
- 2. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until well blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- 3. Add cocoa mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with cocoa mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in morsels.
- 4. Place 12 paper baking cups in a muffin pan; spoon batter evenly into cups, filling completely full.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack, and cool 30 minutes or until completely cool. Spread cupcakes evenly with White Frosting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This