Also lightened a touch with 1/4 cup each butter/applesauce and used light sour cream. I didn't do frosting as it seemed it would be quite rich as-is. If made again, I'd cut down on the chocolate chips to maybe 3/4 or 1 cup. A very dense, rich, moist brownie cupcake.
Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes With White Frosting
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
Cool: 35 Minutes
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate morsels
- White Frosting
- 1. Sift together cocoa and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside.
- 2. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until well blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- 3. Add cocoa mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with cocoa mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in morsels.
- 4. Place 12 paper baking cups in a muffin pan; spoon batter evenly into cups, filling completely full.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack, and cool 30 minutes or until completely cool. Spread cupcakes evenly with White Frosting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note