Even cooking the cookies 10 minutes left themn dry and hard to remove from the cookie sheet
Chocolate-Chocolate Chip-Peppermint Cookies
Chocolate chip cookie recipes are a great, giftable treat to make for friends and family during the holiday season. The addition of crushed peppermint candies give these chocolate chip cookies a minty crunch.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3/4 cup coarsely crushed peppermint candy (about 8 large candy canes)
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Fold in chocolate morsels and crushed peppermint candy; drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 3 inches apart, onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 14 minutes (do not overbake). Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note