Even cooking the cookies 10 minutes left themn dry and hard to remove from the cookie sheet
Chocolate-Chocolate Chip-Peppermint Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3/4 cup coarsely crushed peppermint candy (about 8 large candy canes)
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Fold in chocolate morsels and crushed peppermint candy; drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 3 inches apart, onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 14 minutes (do not overbake). Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This