For a simple dessert, this was wonderful. My 9 year old brother picked out this recipe and I supervised him while he made it. It was easy for him to do and the result was flawless. We served it like a sundae with bananas one one side, vanillla ice cream on the other, drizzled chocolate sauce over everything and then topped it with whipped cream. How could that not be good?! It would be easy to omit the walnuts if you're not a fan, or add/sub peanut butter chips or toffee chips into the mix. This is literally a cookie baked into a pie crust. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Walnut Pie
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 563
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 6.4g
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 60g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 274mg
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- 1 refrigerated pastry for a single-crust 9-inch pie (1/2 of a 15-oz. package), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) melted butter or margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 1. Unfold pastry round and ease evenly into a 9-inch pie pan.
- 2. In a bowl, beat butter, eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well blended. Add flour and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- 3. Pour chocolate chip filling into pastry.
- 4. Bake on the lowest rack in a 325° oven until top is a rich golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes (about 30 minutes in a convection oven). Cool on rack at least 20 minutes. Serve warm or cool, cut into wedges, with ice cream.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts