- 1 refrigerated pastry for a single-crust 9-inch pie (1/2 of a 15-oz. package), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) melted butter or margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- calories 563
- caloriesfromfat 56 %
- protein 6.4 g
- fat 35 g
- satfat 15 g
- carbohydrate 60 g
- fiber 0.9 g
- sodium 274 mg
- cholesterol 91 mg
How to Make It
Unfold pastry round and ease evenly into a 9-inch pie pan.
In a bowl, beat butter, eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well blended. Add flour and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
Pour chocolate chip filling into pastry.
Bake on the lowest rack in a 325° oven until top is a rich golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes (about 30 minutes in a convection oven). Cool on rack at least 20 minutes. Serve warm or cool, cut into wedges, with ice cream.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.