- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
How to Make It
Beat shortening and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until mixture is creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs, beating until blended. Add pudding mix and vanilla; beat until blended.
Combine flour and next 4 ingredients. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in morsels, pecans, and oats.
Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls; place on lightly greased baking sheets, and press to 1-inch thickness.
Bake at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool.