Chocolate Chip Scones
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Combine first 4 ingredients; cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- 2. Reserve 1 tablespoon whipping cream; add remaining whipping cream and chocolate morsels to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5 or 6 times. Shape into an 8" circle on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cut circle into 8 wedges (do not separate). Prick wedges with a fork 3 or 4 times, and brush with reserved 1 tablespoon whipping cream.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
- Raisin Scones: Substitute 3/4 cup raisins for chocolate morsels, and add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon with dry ingredients. Proceed with step 1.
- Cranberry Scones: Substitute 3/4 dried sweetened cranberries or fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped, for chocolate morsels, and add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon with dry ingredients. Proceed with step 1.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This