Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Cookie Bars
Community Recipe from
- 2-1/8 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 3/4 cup(s) butter melted, cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup(s) light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon(s) egg substitute
- 3 tablespoon(s) water
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 cup(s) chocolate, semisweet
- 38 cube(s) caramel unwrapped
- 3 tablespoon(s) heavy cream
- pinch(s) Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 325. Spray an 11x7 pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, salt, and baking soda together; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the melted butter and sugars together until combined. Add the egg substitute, water, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix on low, just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the caramels and heavy cream. Microwave caramels on high until caramels are melted, stirring every 20 seconds. This will take about 2 minutes, depending on your microwave.
- Divide the cookie dough in half. Press half of the dough in the pan, smoothing the top with the spatula. Pour hot caramel over the dough. Sprinkle caramel with sea salt. Drop spoonfuls of dough over the caramel and spread dough with spatula to cover caramel. Sprinkle with additional sea salt.
- Bake for 32 minutes until the top of the bars are light golden brown and the edges start to pull away from the pan. Cool to room temperature. Cut bars into squares and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Legolasbaker and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Cookie Bars Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies
More Recipes for Main Dishes