I recommend these with reservations. The way mine turned out, in the future in would read the recipe as 2 cups pretzels, crushed (not 2 cups crushed pretzels) I would also reduce the flour in the recipe slightly, as my cookies didn't spread very much while while baking. Otherwise a great cookie recipe!
Chocolate Chip-Pretzel Cookies
With the addition of crushed pretzels to the cookie dough, these easy chocolate chip cookies are the perfect balance between salty and sweet. Bake 10 minutes for a soft and chewy cookie or up to 14 minutes for a crisp cookie.
More From Southern Living
Other: 15 Minutes
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 (12-oz.) packages semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups coarsely crushed pretzel sticks
- Parchment paper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Add eggs and 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla, beating until blended.
- 2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Beat in morsels and pretzel sticks just until combined. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10 to 14 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove to wire racks, and cool completely (about 15 minutes).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note