Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
This simple chocolate chip pound cake recipe starts with a boxed yellow cake mix as an easy timesaver. Instant chocolate pudding mix and a sprinkling of semisweet chocolate mini-morsels add rich chocolate flavor.
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix (without pudding)
- 1 (5.9-ounce) package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
- Powdered sugar
- Beat first 5 ingredients in a large mixing bowl at medium speed of an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until creamy; add sour cream, mixing well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in chocolate morsels. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10" tube or Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note