Chocolate Chip-Pecan Squares
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk chocolate morsels, divided
- 1. Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Coat a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray. Beat shortening and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended; add flour, and beat at low speed just until combined. Stir in 1 cup chocolate morsels and 1/2 cup pecans. Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chocolate morsels. Let stand 5 minutes or until chocolate is soft and melted. Spread chocolate evenly, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans. Cool in pan on a wire rack 2 hours or until completely cool. Cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts