Chocolate Chip-Peanut Meltaways
Prep and Cook Time: about 1 1/2 hours. Notes: Two favorite flavors team up in these cocoa-dusted cookies. You can store them airtight for up to 3 days.
Yield: Makes about 120 cookies
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 37
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 0.5g
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 4.1g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 23mg
- Cholesterol: 4.1mg
- 1 cup (1/2 lb.) butter, at room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped salted, roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on low speed, or in a food processor, beat or whirl butter, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, and the vanilla, almond extract, and flour until smooth and well blended. Stir in peanuts and chocolate.
- 2. Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls and place about 1 inch apart on buttered or cooking parchment-lined 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
- 3. Bake in a 300° oven until cookies are pale golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes.
- 4. In a shallow bowl, mix remaining 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar and the cocoa powder. Gently turn warm cookies in powdered sugar mixture, a few at a time, then set on racks to cool. When cool, coat cookies again with powdered sugar mixture.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This