Chocolate Chip Pavlovas With Raspberries and Apricots
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 132
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 99mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 apricots, pitted and thinly sliced
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 4 tablespoons fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1. Preheat oven to 200°. Trace 4 (3-inch) circles onto 2 sheets of parchment paper (8 circles total), leaving 1 inch between. Place paper onto baking sheets.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat egg whites with mixer on medium speed just until foamy. Increase speed to medium-high, add salt and cream of tartar, and beat until egg whites form soft peaks. Add 1/4 cup sugar, a tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat just until stiff peaks form. Add vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- 3. Starting at the center, spoon meringue onto the circles, using 1/2 cup per circle. Use a spoon to press in center of each meringue to shape it into a nest.
- 4. Place 1 baking sheet on the middle oven rack and 1 on the bottom. Bake for 1 hour or until set, switching sheets halfway through. Turn off heat; let cool in the oven 8 hours or overnight. Pavlovas will be crisp on the bottom.
- 5. Combine fruit mixture and remaining 2 teaspoons sugar in a bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Top each meringue with 1/2 tablespoon yogurt, then fruit. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts