This has all the ingredients we love, but it just didn't taste right. I added some pure vanilla extract and omitted the nuts, but otherwise made no changes. The batter overflowed the pan in the oven, so I suggest a larger pan or placing foil beneath the loaf pan. The cooking time is spot on though, and the bread does taste marginally better toasted. I really wanted this to work, as it was a breeze to assemble.
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Quick Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1. In a large bowl, mix flour, oats, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat buttermilk, eggs, and butter.
- 3. Stir wet mixture into dry ingredients just until evenly moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- 4. Scrape into a buttered and floured 9- by 5-inch loaf pan, and bake in a 350º oven until a wooden skewer inseted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This