Chocolate Chip-Oatmeal Cookies
Oats give these cookies their crunch, and a whole package of chocolate chips give them their chocolate punch!
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 (12-oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Blend together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; add flour, salt and baking soda, blending until combined.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note