My kids love these cookies and I enjoy piping them out. Simple, fun and perfect for my chocolate lovers.
Chocolate Chip Meringues
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
These cookies will keep for a week in an airtight container.
Yield: 30 cookies (serving size: 1 cookie)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 26
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 3.1g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 15mg
- Calcium: 3mg
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate minichips
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper; secure with masking tape.
- Place egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Combine sugar and 3 tablespoons cocoa, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add sugar mixture to egg white mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating at medium speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in minichips and vanilla.
- Spoon mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch round tip, or large zip-top plastic bag with 1 corner snipped to form 1/2-inch opening. Pipe 30 (2-inch-round) mounds 1/4 inch apart onto prepared baking sheet. Bake at 250° for 1 1/2 hours.
- Turn oven off; cool meringues in closed oven for 1 hour. Carefully remove meringues from paper. Using a fine sieve, dust meringues with 1 tablespoon cocoa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note