I have made this at least 30 times over the past 5 years. My children special request it for every school function and holiday get together. These are easy to make and go great with my morning peppermint mocha. *edited to add that the only change I make is to leave the sugar sprinkle off of half the batch and to apply it sparingly to the other half. Otherwise these can be pretty messy in the hands of children.
Chocolate Chip Mandelbread
Yield: Makes 36 servings
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6-ounce) package semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Beat 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add oil and next 4 ingredients; beat until blended. Stir in mini-morsels.
- Divide dough in half; shape each portion into a 10- x 3-inch log on lightly greased baking sheets. (Dough will be sticky. Shape dough with floured hands, if necessary.)
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; cut diagonally into 3/4-inch-thick slices.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over slices. Bake 5 more minutes; cool completely on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads