Amazing pound cake! I just made this cake after years of looking at the recipe and wanting to try it out; I had most of the ingredients on hand so I gave it a go. I had to make a few modifications: 1) I used only 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and 1 & 1/2 cups of brown sugar; 2) I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese (~3-4 tbsp.); 3) I added 1/2 cup of mini chips & 4) I only used 1/4 cup Bailey's Irish Cream and the remaining 2/3 cup I substituted low-fat buttermilk. Personal opinion is that the cake is nicely flavored with Bailey's at 1/4 cup (which is the size of a mini bottle) - a full 3/4 cup, I think would make it pretty boozy. Overall, the cake was nice and tender / very moist (I cooked for ~10 min less than the recipe) and it just gets better over time so feel free to bake ahead and serve within 1-2 days of cooking. I will absolutely make this again and again with my modifications (and probably would add more chips next time); enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Irish Cream Pound Cake
Photo: Howard L. Puckett; Styling: Lydia Degaris-Pursell
Category Finalist, Desserts. "This cake is even better on the second day." --Anna Ginsberg, Austin, TX
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 308
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 48.9g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 231mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate minichips
- 1 teaspoon cake flour
- 2 3/4 cups cake flour (about 11 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 10 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
- Baking spray with flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Combine chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon flour in a small bowl; toss.
- Lightly spoon 2 3/4 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Place cream cheese and butter in a bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed to blend. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla; beat until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time; beat well after each addition. Beat on high speed 1 minute. With mixer on low, add flour mixture and liqueur alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat well after each addition. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into a 12-cup Bundt pan coated with baking spray. Bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Sift powdered sugar over cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Chip Irish Cream Pound Cake Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This