This is a quite wonderful cupcake, though more cookie like. The topping is wonderul. No it doesnt say mini in the title but the title in no way affects the taste or prep. 5 stars for the recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Covered in ooey-gooey chocolate, these mini cupcakes are the perfect size for serving at a kids' party.
Yield: about 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended; stir in chocolate morsels, walnuts, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Set aside.
- Beat remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, butter, sugar, and 1/3 cup brown sugar until creamy. Add egg, and beat until blended.
- Combine flour, soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir into butter mixture.
- Place paper baking cups into miniature (1 3/4-inch) muffin pans, and coat with cooking spray; spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons batter into each cup.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes. Spoon morsel mixture over cupcakes, and bake 10 more minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note