Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
Yield: 9 servings
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and soda; add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Spread half of batter into a greased 9-inch square pan. Sprinkle with chocolate morsels and cinnamon. Spread remaining batter over chocolate layer.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until cake begins to leave sides of pan; cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch