These are good enough without the white chocolate. Sometimes I use it, sometimes not. I leave out the cinnamon. Don't like cinnamon with my chocolate. Murks it up.
Chocolate Chip-Cinnamon Biscotti
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee or espresso granules
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
- 2 (2-ounce) squares vanilla candy coating, melted
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture, stirring until blended. Fold in nuts and chocolate morsels.
- Divide dough in half, and shape each dough portion into a 10- x 2-inch log on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until firm. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cut each log diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices with a serrated knife using a gentle sawing motion, and place slices on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake slices at 350° for 10 minutes; turn cookies over, and bake 10 additional minutes. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip 1 side of each cookie into candy coating; chill until set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts