Chocolate Chip-Cherry Pie
Yield: 9 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 288
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 50.3g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 165mg
- Calcium: 90mg
- 40 reduced-calorie chocolate wafers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine, melted
- 1 large egg white
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt
- 1 cup chopped pitted sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate minichips
- 1/2 cup black cherry preserves, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place cookies in a food processor; process until crumbly. Add sugar, margarine, and egg white; pulse 5 times or just until moist. Press crumb mixture evenly into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes; cool on a wire rack 15 minutes. Freeze piecrust 30 minutes.
- Place an extra-large bowl in freezer. Remove yogurt from freezer; let stand at room temperature while crust is cooling.
- Spoon yogurt into chilled bowl. Stir cherries and minichips into yogurt; freeze 30 minutes or just until set but not solid.
- Spread preserves over bottom of prepared crust. Spoon yogurt mixture evenly over preserves; freeze until set. Cover with plastic wrap; freeze 6 hours or until firm. Place pie in refrigerator 30 minutes before serving to soften.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note