Dress up plain cheesecake with a handful of chocolate chips. Plus, this delicious chocolate chip cheesecake is actually lightened up - but it tastes so good, no one will ever know!
Sunset APRIL 1997
1. Combine crumbs and melted butter. Pat evenly over bottom and about 3/4 inch up the side of a removable-rim 8-inch cheesecake or cake pan (at least 1 3/4 in. deep).
2. In a food processor or bowl, whirl or beat cream cheese, milk, egg whites, and vanilla until very smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
3. Scrape batter into prepared pan. Evenly sprinkle batter with remaining chocolate chips.
4. Bake in a 350° oven until cake jiggles only slightly in the center when gently shaken, about 30 minutes.
5. Run a thin-bladed knife between cake and pan rim. Refrigerate cake, uncovered, until cool, at least 2 1/2 hours. Serve, or if making ahead, wrap airtight when cool and chill up to 2 days. Remove pan rim and cut cake into wedges.
Go to Full Version of