Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Dress up plain cheesecake with a handful of chocolate chips. Plus, this delicious chocolate chip cheesecake is actually lightened up - but it tastes so good, no one will ever know!
Yield: Makes 10 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 283
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 461mg
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- 2/3 cup (about 3 oz.) reduced-fat chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) nonfat cream cheese
- 1 can (14 oz.) nonfat sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1. Combine crumbs and melted butter. Pat evenly over bottom and about 3/4 inch up the side of a removable-rim 8-inch cheesecake or cake pan (at least 1 3/4 in. deep).
- 2. In a food processor or bowl, whirl or beat cream cheese, milk, egg whites, and vanilla until very smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- 3. Scrape batter into prepared pan. Evenly sprinkle batter with remaining chocolate chips.
- 4. Bake in a 350° oven until cake jiggles only slightly in the center when gently shaken, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Run a thin-bladed knife between cake and pan rim. Refrigerate cake, uncovered, until cool, at least 2 1/2 hours. Serve, or if making ahead, wrap airtight when cool and chill up to 2 days. Remove pan rim and cut cake into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note