Chocolate Chip-Buttermilk Custard Pie
This rich, decadent pie will quickly become a family favorite.
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
More From Oxmoor House
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch deep-dish pieplate; fold edges under, and crimp. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes; cool crust on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Meanwhile, beat butter, sugar, and flour at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla; beat well. Fold in chocolate morsels. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour until just set and lightly browned. Cool completely before serving.
- Tip: Make this pie the day before you plan to serve it so it has plenty of time to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Chip-Buttermilk Custard Pie Recipe at a Glance