Chocolate Chimichangas With Raspberry Sauce
To save time, assemble the chimichangas up to one week ahead. Place in a zip-top plastic freezer bag, and store in the freezer.
More From Southern Living
Freeze: 20 Minutes
Fry: 18 Minutes
- 6 (1.55-oz.) milk chocolate candy bars
- 6 (10-inch) burrito-size flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- Raspberry Sauce
- Vanilla ice cream
- Garnishes: shaved chocolate, mint sprigs
- 1. Place 1 candy bar just below center of 1 tortilla. Fold bottom of tortilla up and over candy bar just until partially covered. Fold left and right sides of tortilla over; roll up, and place, seam side down, on a baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining candy bars and tortillas. Freeze 20 minutes.
- 2. Pour oil to depth of 1 inch into a large skillet; heat to 375°. Place 2 tortillas, seam sides down, in hot oil, gently pressing with tongs for a few seconds to seal. Fry tortillas 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas. Drain on paper towels. Serve with Raspberry Sauce and vanilla ice cream. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This