from Atlanta Journal & Constitution food section (similar to chicken chili)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) ground sirloin or turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 green or red pepper Chopped
- 1 (15) ounce(s) reduced sodium black bean rinsed
- 1 (15) ounce(s) reduced sodium red kidney beans rinsed
- 1 (28) ounce(s) no salt added, diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsweetened cocoa
- coarse salt and pepper to taste
- Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray. Heat on medium high; add sirloin or turkey. Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks. Remove meat; reserve. Season with salt and pepper. Return Dutch oven to stove. Add oil; heat on medium. Add garlic, onion, and bell pepper; cook 10 minutes or until softened. Add reserved meat; stir in beans, tomatoes, cumin and cocoa. Heat to boiling. reduce heat to low and simmer 25 - 30 minutes. Add water as need to thin chili.
- Note: ground chicken can be used instead of ground sirloin or turkey
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Donna58 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes