Chocolate Chess Tartlets
Yield: Makes about 6 dozen
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Dash of salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 (2.1-oz.) packages frozen mini phyllo pastry shells, thawed
- Garnish: thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1. Stir together first 7 ingredients until blended. Add eggs, stirring well. Spoon about 1 heaping tsp. chocolate mixture into each pastry shell, and place on 2 large ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or just until set. Remove to wire racks, and let cool completely. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Athens Mini Fillo Shells. Store tartlets in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers