Chocolate Chess Pie
Community Recipe from
- 8 tablespoon(s) butter cold, cut in pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1.5 cup(s) flour all purpose
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 8 tablespoon(s) butter softened
- 1.25 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) yellow corn meal
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 4 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon(s) bourbon
- Crust: Put butter and sugar in food processor and pulse 15 times, until sugar disappears. Add flour and salt, and pulse again 15 times until butter is no larger than small peas. Add beaten egg and pulse just until incorporated -- about 8 times. Dough will still be in crumbs. Pour crumbs into ziploc bag and knead until dough holds together. Press into 6-in disc. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Roll or press into 9" pie pan. Freeze 2 hours. Pre-bake shell, without pie weights, at 425 for 5 minutes, prick the puffy parts with a fork, lower heat to 375 and cook 10-15 minute until golden and set, but soft to the touch.
- Filling: Preheat oven to 375. Melt chocolate and cool slightly. Meanwhile, cream butter, sugar, and cornmeal together. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Add chocolate and bourbon, and mix well. Pour into pie shell and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 20 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Carolimo and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes