This was really, really good and I dont even like cheesecake! Definitely will make again.
Chocolate-Cherry Surprise Cheesecake
This cheesecake has a scrumptious homemade fudge brownie crust.
More From Southern Living
Cool: 5 Minutes
Bake: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
Stand: 15 Minutes
Chill: 8 Hours
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 (1-ounce) unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 2 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 5 large eggs, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 (1-ounce) semisweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- 1 cup canned cherry pie filling
- Toppings: canned cherry pie filling, sweetened whipped cream, milk chocolate kisses
- Melt butter and unsweetened chocolate squares in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and cool 5 minutes. Stir in 1 1/2 cups sugar. Add 2 eggs, 1 at a time, blending well after each addition. Add milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add flour and salt; stirring until well blended. Spread mixture evenly into a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325° for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool in pan on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 300°.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining 3/4 cup sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla, beating just until blended. Add remaining 3 eggs, 1 at a time, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Add sour cream and melted semisweet chocolate squares, beating just until blended.
- Spoon cherry pie filling evenly over prepared crust. Pour chocolate cheesecake mixture over cherry pie filling.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until edges of cheesecake are set. (Center of cheesecake will not appear set.) Turn oven off; let cheesecake stand in oven 15 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven; gently run a knife around edge of cheesecake to loosen. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours. Release and remove sides of pan; serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This