Chocolate-Cherry Sugar-Crusted Shortbread
These bite-sized treats are a perfect holiday food gift. Pack in a decorative mug or basket.
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add powdered sugar, beating well.
- Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate mini-morsels, cherries, and vanilla.
- Line an 8" square pan with aluminum foil, allowing foil to extend over edges of pan. Lightly grease foil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar. Press dough into pan.
- Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until golden. Cool 30 minutes or until slightly warm in pan. Use foil to gently lift shortbread from pan. Cut shortbread into 1" squares using a sharp knife. Roll shortbread squares in 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note