Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake
3 egg whites, lightly beaten 1 can (21 oz or 520 mL) cherry pie filling 1/4 cup (50 mL) water 1/2 tsp (2 mL) almond extract 1 pkg. (18.25 oz or 520 g) devil's food cake mix 1 jar (11.7 oz or 250 mL) hot fudge ice cream topping 1/3 cup (75 mL) toasted sliced almonds Vanilla frozen yogurt or thawed, frozen fatfree whipped topping (optional)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- d pinch(s) ingredient 0
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Lightly spray 12in./30 cm Skillet with oil. Whisk egg whites in large bowl; add pie filling, water and almond extract. Add cake mix; mix until well blended. Pour batter over skillet, spreading evenly.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 2530 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Carefully remove from oven using Oven Mitts; cool 10 minutes. Loosen edges of cake and carefully invert cake onto large, heatsafe serving plate.
- 3. Stir ice cream topping until smooth; carefully spread evenly over top of cake. Sprinkle almonds evenly around top edge of cake. Cut into wedges. Serve warm with frozen yogurt or whipped topping, if desired.
- Yield: 16 servings
- Nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 330 mg, Fiber 2 g
- Cooks Tips: To toast almonds, spread almonds in a single layer over bottom of Small Bar Pan. Bake at 350F (180C) 1012 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Cheri M40 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts