Chocolate Cherry Pound Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) Dried Tart Cherries
- 2 cup(s) Dark Cocoa Powder
- 2 cup(s) All purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 12 ounce(s) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3 1/4 cup(s) Sugar
- 5 eggs, room temp
- 1 teaspoon(s) Instant Espresso Powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cup(s) Buttermilk, room temp
- 1 cup(s) chopped dark bittersweet chocolate, or chocalte chips
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Butter and flour bundt pan
- 1. Cover the dried cherries with warm water to plump while preparing the batter.
- 2. Sift the cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl, then sift again.
- 3. Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat at low speed till thoroughly mixed. Scrape the sides, turn the speed to medium and mix for 5 minutes till light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing for 30 seconds after each egg. Mix in espresso powder and vanilla. Scrape side of bowl.
- 4. Alternate with flour mixture and buttermilk, one fourth each time. Mix just until combines. Drain the cherries and fold in, along with the chopped chocolate. Spread evenly in the pan. Bake 75-95 minutes, until skewer comes out clean. Cool completely, the glaze with the following:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chopped dark or bittersweet chocolate
- Pinch of salt
- Combine salt and chocolate in a bowl. Heat the cream in saucepan till simmering. Add to the chocolate and whip till smooth. Cool slightly, then pour over cake. Smooth with an offset spatula.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KimberlyParsons and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Cherry Pound Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings