Chocolate-Cherry Bread Pudding
This quick dessert received our highest rating, no doubt due to the juicy cherries and triple chocolate flavor.
Yield: 9 servings
- 1 (6-ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups chocolate milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 6 cups cubed French bread
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream, additional maraschino cherries
- Drain cherries, reserving 1 tablespoon cherry juice. Coarsely chop cherries.
- Combine eggs, 1 tablespoon cherry juice, milk, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well. Add bread cubes, and let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cherries and chocolate morsels.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9" square pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until set. Serve bread pudding warm or at room temperature. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts