- 1 (6-ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups chocolate milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 6 cups cubed French bread
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream, additional maraschino cherries
How to Make It
Drain cherries, reserving 1 tablespoon cherry juice. Coarsely chop cherries.
Combine eggs, 1 tablespoon cherry juice, milk, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well. Add bread cubes, and let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cherries and chocolate morsels.
Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9" square pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until set. Serve bread pudding warm or at room temperature. Garnish, if desired.