More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 186
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 27.3g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 146mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 9 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- 1.5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons sliced almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, 5 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Cut in butter using a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sitr in cherries and chocolate.
- 3. Combine egg, 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons milk, and almond extract, stirring well with a whisk. Add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. (Dough will be sticky.)
- 4. Pat dough into an 8-inch circle with floured hands on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cut dough into 12 equal wedges, cutting into but not through dough. Brush top of dough with remaining 1 tablespoon milk, and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon sugar and almonds.
- 5. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch