Chocolate Chai Sherbet
NOTES: Liquid chai is available in many supermarkets and natural-foods stores.
Prep and cook time: About 20 minutes, plus at least 6 hours to chill and freeze.
Yield: About 5 cups (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 155
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Protein: 2.1g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 10mg
- Cholesterol: 6.7mg
- 3 1/2 cups chai tea (see notes)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, stir chai tea and sugar until boiling. Remove from heat. Whisk in chocolate, cover, and let stand 10 minutes. Uncover; whisk to combine. Whisk in half-and-half and the cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves. Cover and chill until cold, at least 3 hours or up to 1 day.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker (at least 1 1/2-qt. capacity) according to manufacturer's instructions until machine stops or dasher is hard to turn. Transfer sorbet to an airtight container and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
- Nutritional analysis per 1/2 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note